Here are 7 tips for acing your pre-screen audition and improving your chances of getting accepted into a collegiate music program. The pre-screen audition is typically filmed at home or in a music studio and submitted with your application.
- Get in the right mindset by visualizing your success and staying positive throughout the process.
- Get organized by creating a spreadsheet with deadlines, requirements, and fees for all the schools you plan to apply to.
- Plan a budget with your family, as the expenses for college application fees, auditions, lessons, outfit selection, and instrument maintenance can add up quickly.
- Apply to multiple programs to increase your chances of acceptance, including your "dream" schools and some backup options.
- Film your audition with good lighting, angles, and sound quality, and use a steady surface to hold your camera or phone.
- Confirm receipt of your application by calling the admissions office to ensure that all materials have been received.
- Be patient and wait for a response from schools, knowing that you have done everything possible to position yourself for success.