One of the major considerations when looking at starting a franchise is “Can I do this myself?”. Or the true question is “What would this be like to start and run this myself from scratch?”. A franchise is after all a fast track past the setup and build stages, it gets you straight to the work of growing the business and ensuring its success.
As an independent (non-franchise business owner):
- You are free of outside control and can run your own race.
- You will be able to fit out your premises as you see fit.
- You will be able to have your own brand name and logo.
- You can market, sell and promote on your own terms.
- You can consult and learn from experts around you.
- You are responsible to set up your own processes without support.
- The establishment fees will be higher than a franchise as you don’t benefit from group buying.
- You will need to spend time establishing a brand and brand character.
- You will not be able to leverage a group brand to propel your message.
- You will spend huge money learning what we have already built in and can teach you.
We’re obviously pro franchise and love to see our franchisees stand on our shoulders to reach higher than we could on our own. Starting a business is powerful, just weigh up the options well.